Amazon Store

Friday 31 May 2013

A Moment

* * * 5 Beautiful, Heartwrenching, Sexy Stars * * *

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



“Moment: The dictionary defines a moment as a minute portion or point of time. But for me, it’s more. I see a moment the way a scientist does… the product of quantity (as a force) and the distance to a particular axis or point. A moment is that indefinable period in your life that only makes sense when you look back and you realize you made the right choice. I didn’t know it then, but I made the right choice and I’d do it all over again.

This is my moment…

Liliana Delgado”

Now THAT is how to write a love story!
I got this book as part of the New Adult Book club on Goodreads, and was given 3 weeks to read and review. Now, I'd just finished another 5 star book and was looking for something slightly lighter, slightly less intense and slightly more cheerful so I thought 'yeah I'll give this a go'.

 
How WRONG was I?!?

This book captivated me from the first page, I actually could not put it down. I was sitting at work thinking...3 hours until I can read another chapter or 2!

I finished the final chapter this morning before work and the whole 40 minute drive in, all I could think was WOW, Marie Hall can write! The story is still playing over and over in my head and I don't think it'll stop anytime soon.

This review may be a little patchy as it is very difficult to discuss this story without spoilers appearing.

Ryan is a broken man, shattered and barley existing when he meets Lili - he was in the navy and, since his departure, became a professional fighter. He likes the hurt of fighting, he likes physical hurt in general as it numbs the mental and emotional pain.

 
“The water hurts. Hurts so bad, it’s so damn hot, and I know I shouldn’t be sitting here like this. I’ll burn. But it’s not taking the dirty off.”

“Squeezing my eyes shut, a terrible sound draws from my mouth. One I’d never heard before. I can’t do this anymore. Can’t pretend. Can’t keep lying that it isn’t hurting, isn’t killing me a little every day.”


Lili meets Ryan through his cousin Alex who works at a local coffee shop that she frequents. On first impressions, she thinks he is a stunning, sexy, pain in the a$$!! But she feels some sort of magic attraction to him.

“There are moments in life when a sixth sense spurs you on to consider something you wouldn’t otherwise”

"Intense. Crazy. Passion"

“Eventually I stop thinking altogether.”


I can't really say much more without giving away anything and spoiling it for all you potential readers!

All I'll say is, this book is outstanding and focuses on subjects, which to some, may be a bit taboo and difficult, but Marie writes so beautifully that this book is an absolute pleasure to read and I would recommend it to anyone.

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment