Amazon Store

Friday 24 May 2013

Girl with Guitar

**4 Solid Stars**

Girl with Guitar


Blurb (stolen from the author because I SUCK at writing blurbs!):

After Kylie’s dad dies in a freak accident, he leaves her with nothing other than her crazy stepmother, Darla, and the ability to play guitar. When Darla kicks Kylie out and she loses her job all in the same day, she hops a bus to Nashville determined to make her late father’s dreams come true. Waitressing and saving her pennies to record a demo, her big break comes when she’s asked to join a tour going down the tubes with once platinum album-selling country music superstar Trace Corbin. But touring with Trace is hardly a dream come true since he’s pretty much drinking his career down the drain. If Kylie can’t pull Trace out of his rut, he’ll pull her and her dreams down with him.

Let me begin by saying a huge thank you to Caisey Quinn for providing me with my first ever ARC :) you rock Caisey!!

This book is refreshingly new feeling - I don't feel like its been covered by other authors (like beautiful disaster, falling into you, slammed etc) [nb. I adored all of those books] which made it a pleasure to read.

The opening line "Hi Daddy" almost had me in tears, it's very unusual for a book to give me such deep feeling so quickly. I hated Trace and loved him, I felt compassion for him, then I wanted to slap him, I wanted to cuddle him, then I wanted to shake the stupid out of him, I wanted to make love to him, then I wanted to scream at him. Caisey was very good at writing a mixed up character!

Laughed so hard at the poker scene - like gut clutching laughed!

I'm going to give you my only negatives - I struggled to understand the attraction that Kylie suddenly felt towards Trace after him being what can only be described as an asshole. I felt the pace of the book was a touch too fast, a lot had happened in only 4 or 5 chapters.

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment