Amazon Store

Monday 27 May 2013

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window


*5 Outstanding Stars*

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window


The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window

Blurb: Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.

Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.

Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer?

 
“He turned to me, and do you know what he said to me ? He said in a deadly serious tone, 'Momma, am I dead?' And I said 'no honey, you're not dead', and he shook his head, looking all confused about something. Then he pointed to you dancing and said, 'if I'm not dead, then why is there an Angel in our house.'”
 
This is my Favourite Book. Ever. Well...my Favourite YA novel anyway. I have lots of favourite books but this is my FAVOURITE FAVOURITE!
 
Kirsty Moseley is an amazing author - This was the first ever book of hers I picked up and I'll shamefully admit that it was the cover that sucked me in *Hangs head in Shame*. However, was it not for my want of an aesthetically pleasing cover, I would never have stumbled upon this gem of a book.
 
This starts off quite unbelievably - a boy sneaks in his neighbours window every night for almost 10 years and NEVER gets caught? Hmmm, not buying it. Ladies and Gents - GET PAST IT, allow yourself to be a fantacist for a few hundred pages, because once you let youself into Amber and Liam's world, you will fall head over heels in love with them and their families.
 
I'm a big believer in telling people how I felt reading a book rather than the story so here goes, I'll try to unjumble my emotions for a few minutes and put them down on paper...
 
Happy
Tearful
Hurt
Loved
Young
Too old for my years
Pretty
Sexy
Ugly
Adored
Hated
Heart broken
Empty
Fulfilled
And finally...Mushy(!)
 
I know all of the above are contradictions but that is how good this book is - it takes you places you never thought you would want to go.
 
If ratings went any higher, this would get 100+*'s.
 
XxX
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment