Amazon Store

Friday 14 June 2013

When Summer Ends

*3.5-4 Stars*

 
When Summer Ends by Isabelle Rae
 
 
I had to give this one some serious thought before reviewing it. I still don't know if I've got to the bottom of how I really feel about it but it's been a good few days and if I don't review now, I'll forget the all important details!
 
Blurb:
 
Chloe Henderson has never been one to break the rules or push the boundaries… but during her summer break, she and her friends use fake IDs to sneak into a club. It’s there that she meets handsome and alluring bartender, Will Morris. The pair hit it off immediately, growing closer with every passing day. But as with every summer, it has to end sometime.

Chloe’s senior year approaches and there’s a shock in store when she returns to do her final year at school. Will is there too, but he’s not one of her fellow students…

A tale of forbidden love, broken hearts, friendship, and rivalry.

 
Ok, so this is a teacher-student romance novel & as I loved Slammed <click to read review>, I thought I would love this also.
 
Now don't get me wrong, I liked this book but I didn't love it.
 
Will Morris is a good BookBoyfriend, he is strong, handsome, sexy, loving and clever - all qualities one needs to fall in love with a fictional character. Chloe Henderson on the other hand...She was pretty, fun and sweet. But overall, to me, she was very immature and it showed quite heavily through the latter stages of this novel.

This is definately a YA novel, where Slammed is more NA. You cannot help but compare these books as they both cover the same topics and issues.
 
I am not going to go into too much detail about this book as I would never ruin a book for another reader. So I'll mention a few things I liked about this book:

  • Amy. She was Hilarious!! Like, laugh out loud funny.
"She let out a big breath and shook her head. "Okay I need to say it. Holy Fudge, Chloe, you screwed a teacher? And a damn hot one too. Jeez, that chest. Swon. Wow, just wow", she gushed".

  • Will. He was like sugar on a stick. A very very sexy stick.
“If something's worth having, it's worth working for.”

  • The Epilogue. Happily Ever After gone wild. SO INCREDIBLY CUTE!
An OK Summer/beach/holiday read and as its great moments.

XxX



2 comments: