Amazon Store

Monday 9 September 2013

Review - Lick by Kylie Scott

Lick (Stage Dive #1)

 
Lick (Stage Dive, #1)
 
By
Kylie Scott

**4 Refreshingly Good Stars**

“So, congratulations. You're married to a rock star.”


Rock Star? Check
Drunken Madness? Check
Loveable Heronie? Check
Hilarious Characters? Check

Everything that is needed for one romp of a read? Check Check Check Check Check!

Kylie Scott, you my lovely lady, are fantastic!!

This book has a blurb which, on first reading, has similarities to What Happens in Vegas...
Yes, they get married whilst totally and completely drunk. Yes, they are shocked when they wake up. Yes, they have to deal with the fallout of their drunken mistake. Similarities end there - and that thrilled me!

I adore New Adult books and I adore books that have stong male leads but my one complaint about these types of books is how whiney the lead females can be. I want to slap them silly most of the time.

Get this...Lick DID NOT HAVE A WHINEY FEMALE LEAD!!

Evelyn didn't have low self esteem that stopped her being able to feel love. She didn't moan about being lonley, unloved or hated. She was completely and utterly Refreshing and a total joy to listen to throughout the story.

The side caracters in the book almost make the book what it is - Lauren and Mal are hilarious and made me laugh out loud on several occasions.

“Seriously, I fucking love your wife, man. She's awesome. Can I have her?”

This book has no Cliff Hanger (Yay!) but there is a second novel coming out - Mal's story...I cannot wait!
Purchase Links:

Lick (Stage Dive #1) - Amazon
Lick (Stage Dive #2) - Amazon (Pre Order not yet live, link for Kylie Scott's Amazon Page)

No comments:

Post a Comment